The Truth About Local SEO in 2020
Do you remember back when life was simpler and all the advertising you needed to do was purchasing ad space in the local Yellow Pages or local newspaper? I’m sure some of you do, but there are a number of you who do not…showing my age now!
Things have definitely moved on since then. Today there are hundreds, if not thousands of online directories where you can promote your business. Local search is booming right now and local SEO is a crucial part of any small businesses’ marketing strategy.
In the following Local SEO in 2020 infographic, you will learn why you should be investing in promoting you business locally and in Google Maps. Some of these local SEO stats will blow your mind!
Local SEO Infographic 2020
If you find this infographic helpful, please share.
Local SEO Stats in 2020
In summary, here are some of the local SEO stats from the above infographic:
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
- 81% of people perform some type of online research before making a large purchase
- 46% of all Google searches are seeking local information. A strong local SEO strategy is key to driving more people to your business
- 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else.
- 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site
- Bounce rates increase by 50% if your website takes 2 seconds extra to load, so make sure you have a good web design
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results. So make sure you are in the top 3 of Google Maps/3 Pack as well as the first page
- More than 50% of consumers won’t use a business if it has less than a 4* rating. Make sure you are asking your customers, clients or patients for feedback. Need help with this, check out our online review software
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations.
- 72% of consumers that did a local search visited a store within five miles
- 88% of searches for local businesses on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours.
- No 1 reason for doing an online search is to find the location for a ‘known’ business
- 72% of SMBs are using social media to promote their businesses
- Seven out of ten consumers are more likely to use a local business if it has information available on a social media site
These stats were compiled from Think With Google, Junto Digital, Hubspot, Chat Meter, Bright Local and SEO Expert.
Need Help With You Local SEO?
Do You Want More Phone Calls, Customers, Clients or Patients?
If you want to improve you online visibility, appear in the search engines and Google Maps when someone is searching for the products or services you provide, contact Blue Square Management today and find out how we can help grow your business.